|Final Documents Service
|Our Final Documents Service (“FDS”) provides
your family with a professional, knowledgeable
and convenient aftercare document
We have partnered with an FDS assistance provider who is a pioneer in aftercare estate documentation and is a recognized specialist in the field. They have an extensive database of Canadian and foreign government contacts. Associates fluent in English, French, Mandarin, and Cantonese are available.
- The cost for your FDS Plan can be spread over time and paid by cheque, bank draft, or credit card. The FDS payment is conveniently combined with your funeral expense plan premium. The FDS Plan cost is guaranteed for life.
- Your family will have peace of mind knowing that all document details remaining after the funeral will be taken care of – no worries!
Relief from tedious administrative burdens after the death of a loved one
When the time is right, your family can call our FDS professionals to initiate the review process. They will ask a few questions, complete the necessary research and prepare all the final documents that are needed. When your family receives the customized package of completed forms, all they need do is follow the written instructions, sign the documents, insert the required certificates and drop them in the mail. FDS makes it that convenient!
Of the many items, here are a few actions the Final Documents Service will initiate for your family:
- Advise credit bureaus to prevent identity theft
- Notify Veterans Affairs
- Apply for Canada Pension Plan death survivor and children’s benefits
- Notify insurance companies and banks
- Apply for a GST refund
- File for corporate pension plan benefits in Canada or foreign countries
- Notify passport and driver’s license offices
- Retire the deceased’s Social Insurance Number and Health Card
- Transfer rewards points in affinity or membership cards
- Notify and terminate WSIB coverage